Financial allocation of the Programme
European Union contribution to this programme is 60 million EURO, while the participating countries should ensure the co financing of at least 6 million EURO.
EU financial allocation for each thematic objective, according to Strategic Document
Thematic Objective 2: Support to education, research, technological development & innovation
TO Budget: 3.600.000 Euro
Thematic Objective 3: Promotion of the local culture and preservation of historical heritage
TO Budget: 6.000.000 Euro
Thematic Objective 7: Improvement of accessibility to the regions, development of transport and common networks and systems
TO Budget: 16.200.000 Euro
Thematic Objective 8: Common challenges in the field of safety and security
TO Budget: 28.200.000 Euro
Budget: 6.000.000 Euro
Two types of projects defined based on the criterion set by art. 43 (2) of ENI CBC IR: the existence of an infrastructure component of at least 1 million euro (for which special requirements are foreseen), as follows:
- Soft projects – projects which do not include an infrastructure component or their infrastructure components are of less than 1 million euro per project;
- Hard projects – infrastructure projects with at least 1 million euro per infrastructure component*.
*No artificially division of infrastructure component in order to avoid administrative requirements is allowed.
Projects may be awarded without a call for proposals only in the following cases and provided this is dully substantiated in the award decision:
- The body to which a project is awarded enjoys a de jure or de facto monopoly;
- The project relates to actions with specific characteristics that require a particular type of body based on its technical competence, high degree of specialization or administrative power.
In order to qualify as a large infrastructure project, two other main conditions have to be fulfilled:
- The project proposal is part of the final list of large infrastructure project (including the reserve proposals) included in the Programme pursuant to Article 41 of the ENI CBC IR;
- At all times, the LIP comprises a set of works, activities or services intended to fulfil an indivisible function of a precise nature pursuing clearly identified objectives of common interest for the purposes of implementing investments delivering a cross-border impact and benefits and where a budget share of at least EUR 2.5 million euros is allocated to acquisition of infrastructure.